Universität Konstanz, Exzellenzcluster "The Politics of Inequality"
1. Oktober 2020
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
“The Politics of Inequality” is a Cluster of Excellence at the University of Konstanz. The Cluster’s researchers investigate inequality in areas such as education, employment and political rights. They study how people perceive these inequalities, how they lead to collective mobilization, and how political actors respond to them.
The Cluster invites applications for
(full-time, salary scale E13 TV-L)
for a duration of 12 months each, during which Fellows will pursue individual research projects. The earliest starting date is 1 October 2020. In principle, each position can be divided into two part-time positions. We explicitly encourage candidates from Non-OECD member countries to apply.
Applications are open to excellent postdoctoral researchers (minimum requirement: doctoral thesis submitted) with a keen interest in the Cluster’s concepts and lines of research. We are looking for individuals who are expected to have a strong impact on the field of inequality research in the years to come. We encourage open-minded candidates interested in interdisciplinary research with the ability to actively seek collaborations beyond their own discipline.
Fellows will become members of the Cluster. They will also benefit from the Clusters’ Methods Hub and from the services of the university’s Academic Staff Development unit. Fellows are expected to actively participate in Cluster activities, and will receive a research allowance i.e. to finance conference travels and research assistants.
To apply, please submit the following documents
- A proposal for a research project to be pursued during the fellowship. This proposal should include information on the research question(s), methods, potential follow-ups, as well as the feasibility and relevance of the project and its fit with the Cluster’s interests. The proposal should not exceed four pages in length.
- Curriculum Vitae and a list of publications.
- Certification of a completed doctoral degree or submitted thesis (the latter to be issued by the main doctoral advisor).
- Applicants must name two potential referees for us to contact.
- The application may include a short letter of motivation detailing the reasons why becoming a Fellow of the Cluster would be especially helpful to the applicant’s career and research, as well as to the Cluster.
Online application portal
Please arrange your application documents into a single PDF file. To submit your application, please use the online application portal (https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/ad2b3044d16bab352c2e172c14376f1a459b69580). For further information, please contact the Managing Director, Jessica Haase, jessica.haase(at)uni-konstanz.de.
Application deadline: 19 January 2020, 12:00 CET
For Frequently Asked Questions, please consult our FAQ document.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://http://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/ ).
Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).
The whole posting is available for download for your convenience. Please see:https://http://www.exc.uni-konstanz.de/en/inequality/about-us/jobs-and-grants/postdoctoral-fellowships/
FB A: Germanistik - Linguistik ⋅
Bergische Universität Wuppertal