Lead Developer for Semantic Parsing
Kauz Linguistic Technologies
1. September 2018
We are a startup from Düsseldorf and an emerging leader in language-based AI. Our product focus is on "Chatbots that understand". Our long-term goal is to develop digital agents with very broad and almost human-like communication capabilities. Because of our strong focus on NLU, we are looking to expand our team with the addition of a lead developer for semantic parsing.
You are the ideal candidate if you fulfill the following requirements:
• You have finished your Masters degree or a Ph.D. in linguistics, computational linguistics or a similar subject
• You have worked with different parse techniques, ontologies and frame based analysis
• You have a deep understanding in linguistic theory, especially in the area of semantics
• You have used different methods to handle morphology, autocorrection and named entity recognition
• You have a reasonably good command of an object-oriented programming language, preferably Java (having worked with the NLTK is not enough)
• You are eager to apply your knowledge and ideas to real-world challenges, in a comprehensive way
• Your German is at least at the B2-level
We are a team of highly motivated linguists, computational linguists, and computer scientists. We value team-work and the ability to move things forward and provide fresh solutions. Agile project management, close cooperation with colleagues, and flexible time- planning are characteristics of our working environment. An employee participation program underlines our orientation towards results achieved together.
If this sounds good to you, dont hesitate to send your CV to the application email address below.
The application is open until the position is filled.
Email Address for Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
FB A: Germanistik - Linguistik ⋅
Bergische Universität Wuppertal